- ACERCA DE DI NO
- AROUND THE WORLD
- THE ISSUE
- TAKE ACTION
How to Count Actions
Say NO - UNiTE is a global platform that aims to trigger and highlight actions on ending violence against women. It provides tools to initiate or join advocacy and awareness raising activities around the world, and counts and communicates them in real time.
What are “actions”?
To end violence against women, we must engage people at all levels, transform beliefs and attitudes, and ensure laws, programmes and services are implemented and well resourced.
Actions can range from
- Petition drives for legislation
- Reaching out to students at schools
- Volunteering at local shelters or women’s organizations
- Spreading the message through blogs and tweets
- Donating funds towards programmes that protect women and girls from violence
To get inspired and start an action, look at the Action Ideas section.
How to count “actions”?
- Every name added to the Say NO global call is an action. By adding your name to Say NO, you are sending a message to governments around the world that you want them to make ending violence against women a top priority.
- Start a petition drive for a new law that addresses the issue, and every signature gathered is an action. Build your Action Page here and collect signatures offline, as well as online!
- You can hold workshops, art competitions and awareness raising events - on your Say NO Action Page, add each attendee as an action!
- When you raise funds or donate to the UN Trust Fund to Eliminate Violence against Women, which supports local organizations and national projects to implement laws and provide critical services to survivors of violence, each dollar/pound/franc/dinar… is one action!
- If you volunteer at a women’s shelter, or with a local organization to build safe spaces for women and girls, every hour you contribute is an action! Violence against women and girls is still a silent pandemic.
- You can make a difference by raising the profile of the issue – every letter of support you send to a news agency, every blog entry that you make on the issue is an action!
- Remember to communicate your actions through