For the 16 Days Campaign, Donate a Blog
Violence against women and girls is one of the most widespread human rights violations—from 15 to 76 percent of women have experienced gender-based violence in their lifetime. It happens everywhere, transcending all boundaries of race, class, culture and nationality. But the issue rarely gets adequate attention in the media.
Say NO – UNiTE is calling for a blogathon – 16 days to write blogs about violence against women and girls and post your blog links on this page to inspire others.
- Browse for news at Say NO - UNiTE
- Read about the 16 Steps to end violence against women and girls
What do you think? Can Violence against Women End?
Are the women and girls in your country or community facing gender-based violence, and if so, what is being done about it? Have you heard of innovative approaches that have made a difference, or do you have ideas about what works to end violence against women and girls? Take action by blogging about violence against women and girls for the 16 Days of Activism and shape public opinion.
Join the Say NO Blogathon to End Violence against Women
- If you have a blog, please donate a post! Write about the issue of violence against women and girls. It can be based on recent news, your own reflections about the issue, media representation of the issue, or something else.
- If you guest blog for a website or blog, suggest a post related to violence against women.
- If you follow a blog, let them know about this blogathon. Post about it on your Facebook and Twitter to spread the word!
- Start your own blog and post about the issue. If you are new to blogging check out some resources here.
- Post a comment with the link to your blog on this page to inspire others!
Do YOU think violence against women can end?
Write a blog and share the link in the comment box below!
|Action Type:||16 Days|