- ABOUT SAY NO
- AROUND THE WORLD
- THE ISSUE
- TAKE ACTION
I. Website Usage Agreement between UN Women and the User
1. Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions.
2. UN Women maintains the Say NO - UNiTE to End Violence against Women website (the "Site") as a courtesy to anyone who may choose to access the Site ("User"). The information presented herein is for information purposes only. UN Women grants permission to the User to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, "Materials") from the Site for User's personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute, compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific materials within this Site.
3. UN Women administers this Site. All Materials on this Site from UN Women are subject to these terms and conditions.
4. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Site are those of the various UN Women staff members, consultants and advisers to UN Women who prepared the work and of the various users who are interacting with this site and posting their content, and do not necessarily represent the views of UN Women.
5. Materials on this Site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. UN Women specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. UN Women periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall UN Women be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from use of this Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at User's sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall UN Women or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if UN Women has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. User specifically acknowledges and agrees that UN Women is not liable for any conduct of any User.
7. This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers. UN Women does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at User's own risk. Neither UN Women nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
8. As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify UN Women and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of User's use of this Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that, if true, would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of its terms and conditions of use of this Site, User's sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
9. This Site may contain links and references to third-party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of UN Women, and UN Women is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. UN Women provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by UN Women.
10. This site contains bulletin boards, discussion forums, subscription mailing lists, photo albums, video channels and other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Interactive Features"). User agrees to use the Interactive Features only to upload and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Interactive Feature. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using an Interactive Feature, User shall not do any of the following:
a. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
b. Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
c. Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law.
d. Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
e. Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
f. Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
g. Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of the website that User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
h. Harvest email or other forms of addresses by any means in order to collate them into lists for use in commercial or non-commercial mailings.
11. User acknowledges that all Interactive Features contain public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that bulletin board and discussion forum postings, emails, photographs, videos and other communications by other users are not endorsed by UN Women, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by UN Women. UN Women reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents on this website received from User, including, without limitation, email messages, bulletin board and discussion forum postings, photographs, videos, and other communications.
12. UN Women reserves the right to use, reproduce, translate and adapt the content uploaded by the User on this website, including photographs, videos and text, for the purposes of information, research, and operation and improvement of the Site, but not for sale or for use in conjunction with commercial purposes. There are areas on this Site where the User can upload content, updates and feedback, which UN Women can then use, adapt, translate or reproduce or contact the User for further information. Extracts of the information in the Site may be reviewed, reproduced or translated by User for research or private study but not for sale or for use in conjunction with commercial purposes.
13. This Site allows users to make financial contributions to the UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women (UN Trust Fund) and to UN Women. Decisions by UN Women to accept or reject contributions from the private sector are made based on UN Women Financial Regulations and Rules, related policies and procedures and the UN Women Policy Statement and Guidelines for working with the Private Sector, while taking into account the needs of affected countries. In no way does acceptance of a contribution represent an endorsement of a donor, its business or policies. In making a contribution to the UN Trust Fund or UN Women, the donor acknowledges that it will not enjoy favourable treatment of any kind in any future relationship with UN Women or the UN Trust Fund.
Preservation of immunities
14. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of express or implied privileges and immunities of the United Nations, including UN Women, which are specifically reserved.
Country and area nomenclature; mention of companies or products
15. The use on this Site of particular designations of countries or territories does not imply any judgment by UN Women as to the legal status of such countries or territories, of their authorities and institutions or of the delimitation of their boundaries. The mention of names of specific companies or products (whether or not indicated as registered) does not imply any intention to infringe proprietary rights, nor should it be construed as an endorsement or recommendation on the part of UN Women. The designations "developed" and "developing" regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgment about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
16. UN Women reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. UN Women shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
17. UN Women reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
18. No waiver by UN Women of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in writing signed by its duly authorized representative.
II. Privacy Notice
Certain information about the User, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, navigation through Site, software used, time spent and other similar information, may be stored on UN Women servers in small data pieces known as "cookies," which may also be written to the User's computer system. These cookies will not specifically identify the User. The information will be used internally only for website traffic analysis. If the User specifically provides unique identifying information, such as name, address and other information on forms stored on this Site, such information will only be used to provide the User with a subscription service or for statistical purposes and will not be published for general access. UN Women retains indefinitely such information in an effort to make the User’s repeat use of the website more efficient, practical and relevant. The User can correct, update or close her/his account at any time. In the latter event, UN Women will remove all the account profile information except for an archival copy, which is not accessible on the Internet. UN Women, however, assumes no responsibility for the security of this information.
III. Copyright Notice
Copyright © UN Women. All rights reserved.
None of the materials provided on this Site may be used, reproduced or transmitted, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording or by any information storage and retrieval system, except as provided for in the Website Usage Agreement Between UN Women and the User (Item I above), without permission in writing from the publisher. Requests for permission to reproduce or translate materials in whole or in part, whether for sale or for non-commercial distribution, should be addressed to:
Chief of Advocacy and Communications
220 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017USA
The UN Women name and emblem are the exclusive property of UN Women. They are protected under international law. Unauthorized use is prohibited. They may not be copied or reproduced in any way without the prior written permission of UN Women.